Sunday, December 09, 2007

Time stands still for no one


Or no thing either.

This picture is of Synchronicity, behind the blue tractor. It's been re-built and is for sale. I used to lease the building.

The brick steps in the lower, right hand of the picture led into a two story building which was a yoga studio on the ground floor and an apartment on the top floor.

Behind the yoga studio was a dilapidated, two story, pink house that was rumored to be haunted. It wasn't just rumors; there was definitely more there than met the eye.

Both bldgs. were no match for hurricane winds and water surges from the lakefront behind me in this picture. They crumbled under the pressure and then rammed a big hole in the side of Synchronicity and piled up in there, pushing tables and merchandise around like nothing. Half of my stuff washed down the street.

Before the hurricane, I tucked all my merchandise into waterproof containers, and then piled them high on top of tables. I regret that I didn't take more out of there when I had the chance to.

I am NOT sorry for how things turned out, though. I have been crazy unsettled lately, but I don't care. I am happy to not be tethered to one spot. I just bought Synchronicity to avoid getting a job that require I be anything other than what I am.

No comments: