Friday, April 27, 2007

Libra Moons

I have a Libra Moon. In Western Astrology, it is a balancing act that is constantly waged in my emotions, and therefore, in living life. Most books talk about how the Libra Moon individual is co-dependent (my words - I didn't make them up, though.)

The books say we are affected by the reactions of others and that we need harmony in relationships. It is true. I can't be happy if my mate is miserable. And vice versa, for sure.

And the same goes for any discordant relationships. I need peace in the land. I wonder why people fight and think there is never a good enough reason. I am currently reading Jimmy Carter's "Palestine - Peace Not Apartheid" and loving it. He is a wonderful Libra man, devoted to bringing peace, and upgrading humanity in all kinds of ways. I just love his writing, and the strides he is making in bringing understanding to some of us on the safe sidelines of the struggles in the middle east.

With a Libra Moon, there is always the balancing act; weighing everything, seeing both sides to each issue, not finding contentment with one or the other decision. In Vedic Astrology, Libra Moons are only wished upon the enemy. James Braha, who wrote one of the definitive books on the subject, "Vedic Astrology for the Western Astrologer" (or something like that title), said one with this Moon sign can only wish for a better life next time. It may even be in the 8th house in a Vedic chart which would be a double whammy. It's in the 8th house in my Placidus chart.

I hate bad news. So, I put a positive spin on it and get a more upbeat feeling. The Moon rules feelings. If I am having a negative one such as anger or depression, I can put some focus on the other side of the scales, the positive side, and bring my awareness up to the middle ground again.

My job, house, relationship, children, life altogether - some individuals have it better than me and some have it worse. The middle ground. I am content again. I started off this post having a gripe, but now I cannot complain about anything.

I'll just sit here and look pretty. (other Libra Moon traits - laziness and vanity)

No comments: