Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Santa couldn't get the Wii, Son.


Aaron had a x-mas wish-list with 15 items on it. Twelve of them were for the Wii in various statements of desire - such as "#8. in case you haven't noticed, I really want a Wii." One of his wishes was to take off his top bunk bed, which we did not do. The extra bed is nice to have. The remaining two wishes were fulfilled; a Gamecube game and a new pair of shorts.

We gave him a verbal IOU for the Wii system. I hope he comes to his senses and stops desiring one before it becomes available. I like what we got him much better than another reason for him to hole up in his cave of a bedroom. This basketball goal and new basketball are more in line with the things I think a growing boy of 14 needs; exercise and fresh air.

I tell him he's the 'best'. He really is a sweet potato of a boy and was happy with what he got. He thanked us a few times for everything. The whole family got in on the game, but I do not know how to play. He smiled at me and let me off the hook after my inept attempts at playing the game. He said I throw like Julia - just towards the direction of the goal. Points for trying, right?

No comments: