Saturday, April 04, 2009

I love cut flowers


My Libra Moon is what I attribute to my loving to entertain at home. I got up early last Tuesday and made pralines for my visiting cousin and her family from Minnesota. I then went to the grocery and seafood market for items to go into the dinner. I made a big pot of seafood pasta, made a salad and a spinach dip, had garlic bread, and baked a chocolate cake. My sister, Angela, brought jambalaya. My Mom contributed $$, and my sister, Katie brought boiled shrimp and crawfish, and also a stuffed artichoke. As always, there was so much leftover - we lived off the pasta for days.

I forgot to take out the red beans I had thawing. I had no room on the stove to make rice for it. I knew before-hand that Carol didn't eat seafood. I meant for her to have choices. She is low-maintenance and wants no fussing about her picky diet.

My brother, David, and sister, Christina - and some of their people - came to the gathering to connect with cousin Carol, her husband and teenage daughter. I got to visit with them briefly before my siblings and Mother arrived. They were so open to their Louisiana adventure. Nicole and Dan were trying everything put before them. They were off to Lafayette, a different world within Louisiana's borders, for a few days after they left my house that night.

Two days ago, I got the loveliest bouquet delivered to my home for my efforts. They are so beautiful. I am humbled by Carol's generosity. They were such gracious guests. It was truly my pleasure to have them. I guess the least I could do is get recipes to Carol that she left a note for by my pc. Coming right up, Carol...

2 comments:

Carol said...

I'm happy that you are enjoying the flowers. I don't think I've ever been described as low-maintenance before in my life, ha ha, thanks for that! We all had such a great time visiting, wish it were longer. ;o) Carol

Jupiter's Girl said...

I keep reminding myself to get you those recipes. The chocolate cake recipe is on the back of Hershey's cocoa powder box. I'll send you the others.