Monday, September 04, 2006

My walk today yielded this picture


I read this line on philosophy.org the other day... It was something to the effect of what George Washington Carver said after sitting for three days with a sick plant. He was asked to diagnose what was wrong with a whole crop of this plant infected in the same way. The farmer questioned him as to what he was doing besides just sitting with it for three days. Mr Carver said he was waiting for it to reveal it's secrets, believing that's what nature does. He was successful.

My husband and I cleared my trail which had been overgrown, and snake-ful. I didn't want to happen upon a family of moccasins or something, like one of the legends goes. I hadn't been able to walk in my woods for maybe two months. I was in heaven on earth these past two days.

No comments: