Monday, August 21, 2006

Changes by David Bowie

I still don't know what I was waiting for
And my time was running wild
A million dead-end streets
Every time I thought I'd got it made
It seemed the taste was not so sweet
So I turned myself to face me
But I've never caught a glimpse
Of how the others must see the faker
I'm much too fast to take that test

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time
....
There's more, but you get the gist. I am going to use that as an opening for Jupiter's Girl this week. I always open with a quote, or a poem, or a reading of some kind.

This week, my guest will be Nor Sivad, the owner of Out of Time Radio. When I first signed the contract, I didn't know what company I'd be keeping, nor what out of time meant to the owner. It is a reference to the transition humanity and the planet we inhabit seem to be going through. It's the end of the world as we know it.

I don't know anything. That's my story and I am sticking to it. But I do believe that the only way to combat darkness is to turn on the freakin' light.

Peace.

No comments: