Friday, January 19, 2007

Synchronicity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qftvt9IHHUM&mode=related&search

In the early 1980's, I read a book called "Psycho-cybernetics" which told of the same thing - only it took about a hundred thousand more words to say it, and it didn't mention putting it on the PC and to music.

Putting your focus on anything that strongly, packed with feeling, one is bound to manifest whatever the mind is projecting. I have used it for a lot of little things, like parking spaces, or a ticket to an event that I wanted to see.

One time, after working at Synchronicity for a few months, and really getting to understand what crystals and other stones were about, I felt regret at having sold my triple-tiered emerald Hindu Temple ring that I inherited from my Grandmother the year before. I sold it for $100 - not liking the ring, and needing the money at the time. After perusing books about properties of stones, I decided I wanted to get the ring back, but not bad enough to hunt down the man who bought it. I sold it to him on the side of the road, in front of an antique store.

Within an hour of the desire to recover that ring, I had an address in hand of an estate sale that wasn't too far from where I was working. I have occasionally stopped at yard sales, but I never look in the paper for them, and certainly not during the week.

The 2nd odd thing... I closed the store, put a note on the door, and headed over there. There was the man who bought my ring. It was his estate sale. I told him what I was looking for. He said he had three huge jewelry boxes at another location and would look through them for it and get back with me if he had it. I gave him my card with a description of what I was looking for. I left with nothing but my wonder at a Universe that would conspire to have me meet up with that man again.

Incidentally, I never heard from him again. He moved. I realized that I didn't want the ring after all - just what it represented. Emeralds are cool stones.

And to add some Light to the story, the man passed gas while he was talking to me. I pretended not to hear it, but went away laughing at the latest in my Divine Comedy. I love to laugh. The Universe knows me well.

2 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

I'm a great believer in people ending up with what they want and/or expect.

I don't believe it's particularly mystic, but I do believe we prime the brain to notice things that will help us on our way.

The BIGGEST problem I have is quite simply I don't know what I want.

If I could figure out that one, I could start going for it

Jupiter's Girl said...

I have become kind of passive about wanting anything. I have more faith that it is all in order and that I don't have to emphasize anything, just to become aware of my thoughts, and put up a shield to the negativity which creates the funky situations I used to find myself in from time to time.

I still maintain that I don't KNOW anything for sure, but I have experienced perfect timing, and being at the right place - meeting the right people, who say or do just the right thing, too many times to recount. This was just one of the more flagrant synchronicitites that I have written about.