Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I am back


I wish I could say that I am refreshed after my vacation, but it was too short for relaxing. I hooked up with 5 of my 7 siblings, plus my mother, nieces & nephews, and several friends of theirs. There was lots of chaos with a group that big. Putting together communal meals was an ordeal. I made biscuits out the wazoo one morning. Another morning, I made beignets, while my sister, Sue, cut up fixings for omelets. My brother-in-law boiled them in a bag. They came out good. My sister, Elizabeth, and her husband, made chicken chimichangas for dinner one night. I had mine stuffed with beans and cheese because I don't eat meat. I am the only semi-vegetarian (I eat seafood) amongst us. My brother, David, had beans and rice, and bar-b-q sausage, hamburgers, and hotdogs all ready for us when we arrived.

Tonight's guest on Jupiter's Girl is Sandra Slifer, a feng shui master. She is going to give us tips on making our private spaces enduce peace and feelings of security and nurturance. Check it out. www.outoftimeradio.com, hit the eclectic radio link and find our discussion. The show is taped and available for the next two weeks.

2 comments:

Student said...

Please tell me what a chimichanga is. I use it as a euphemism for sex!

Jupiter's Girl said...

No kidding? That's funny.

Chimichangas are tortillas stuffed with whatever you want, folded together - pinned with toothpicks and then deep fried. Then it gets topped with guacamole, salsa, more cheese, and any other item nearby; that sounds like it might go on top. Oh yeah, sour cream too.