Saturday, July 15, 2006

My new Kia Spectra


I am pretty sure the dealership and I were mutually thinking, "sucker." I have been on my job for all of - what? - three weeks almost. I haven't had a new car in 26 years. My husband has gotten me one used vehicle after another. The car I am laying to rest had a broken back door and the passengers had to be let out as it only opened from the outside. He had another one in mind for me - a Taurus that needed front end work and freon - so the owner claimed. He made fun of me for thinking they'd give me a car, and wouldn't take me to the dealership, so I got a friend to take me. I relate to the little red hen, "well, I'll just do it myself." Now, he loves the new car and wants me to have his Blazer. I will let him take it when he has a long commute a couple of days a week. It gets 34 mpg on the hwy. and 25 mpg in the city. I am psyched about that since gas prices are climbing. Somebody is going to have to explain to me what oil drilling has to do with gas.

No comments: