Friday, November 03, 2006

Uranian lifestyles

Uranus represents an urge toward differentiation, originality, and independence from tradition. There is a need for change, excitement, and expression without restraint.

I live such a Uranian life which means many changes in my profession and daily life. Uranus is the ruler of my Sun sign and it is in my 6th house - which is the domain of my daily work life, health habits, and is a not-so-good placement for someone who would like to be settled.

I almost wish it could be that I had learned early in life that I am a teacher/engineer/chemist/dog-trainer/or something else so that I could have gone to school, got the necessary training, and then plunked myself down into a profession.

That wasn't to be - for me. Today is my last day at the restaurant that I've been working at since June. This was my 5th job this year and lasted the longest. The other four were a week or less. One of them was just one day.

My new job will be in the grocery store business - assimilating the 15,000 products for a distributor. I start Monday. It will pay more than waitressing and comes with a benefits package that includes 401K and paid vacations. I can stand that for a time.

I am sure this will not be the final stop in my career days, though it just might be a cool job. I can zone out in my zen world, organizing, unloading, reconfiguring. I won't be stretched to the limits of my physical and mental capacity as I do a mad dash to satisfy 30 people at one time.

I am a people-person. I have strong empathic skills, am very intuitive, and love to help others' understand and appreciate their Selves and the lives they are living. Maybe I am relieved of that duty for a while as I gain some ground in debt resolution.

No matter what I do for a living, I will always be an astrologer and an actress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a in a bit of a pickle at the moment with jobs and don't know what I want to do, so hope you enjoy your new job and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Jupiter's Girl said...

Hey. A comment. I just updated my blog and saw that I had 8 unpublished comments. I didn't know. Otherwise, I'd have responded to them.

I actually like what I am doing. It is the kind of processing, assimilating, and organizing that takes all of my thoughts into the Present Mo'. I enjoy emptying a box of goods and flattening the boxes they came in. I take a huge stack of goods, taller than me, and turn them into a flat pile as high as my ankle. Very rewarding.